Let the sun shine!
Ok, so we know we just told you to keep your curtains closed to keep your homes warm... but if it's sunny then you should open them. Use the natural heat of the sun to warm up the room, then lock it in by shutting the curtains again when evening falls.
/money/galleries/34250/central-heating-avoidance-20-ways-to-keep-warm-at-home/5 /money/galleries/34250/central-heating-avoidance-20-ways-to-keep-warm-at-home/6 /money/galleries/34250/central-heating-avoidance-20-ways-to-keep-warm-at-home/7 /money/galleries/34250/central-heating-avoidance-20-ways-to-keep-warm-at-home/8 /money/galleries/34250/central-heating-avoidance-20-ways-to-keep-warm-at-home/9
- 50 easy ideas to make more money
- Work from home jobs: 42 jobs you can do from home
- Best UK shopping outlets
- 10 cheap ways to spruce up your garden
- Top 10 bargain websites
- Best 20 money saving apps
- Save money: home repairs you can do yourself
- Christmas decorations under a fiver
- 116 money-saving tips for mums