Become a driving instructor
How? If you're a good, safe and confident driver you could become a driving instructor in your spare time, although you will have to devote some time and money to it at the start. To qualify as a Department of Transport Approved Driving Instructor you need to pass three exams and meet certain requirements, such as holding a full British driving license for a minimum of four years. Once you have the qualifications you need, you can decide whether you want to work for yourself or become a franchisee. If you choose to work for a bigger company, you'll have to pay a certain amount each week to them, but you'll get a brand new dual-control car and they'll help you find students, too. If you run your own operation you'll need to buy a car with dual controls.
How much can I earn? Normal rates are around £15 - £26 an hour, depending on where you are in the country.
- 50 easy ideas to make more money
- Work from home jobs: 42 jobs you can do from home
- Best UK shopping outlets
- 10 cheap ways to spruce up your garden
- Best 20 money saving apps
- Christmas decorations under a fiver
- 116 money-saving tips for mums
- How to save money on medicine
- Spruce up your home on a budget