Rent out your driveway or parking space
How? There are numerous websites which let you list your location, rates and any restrictions - have a look at parkonmydrive.com, parklet.co.uk, justpark.com and yourparkingspace.co.uk. Put ads in local newsagents or local papers advertising your parking space. If you've got a garage and you live in a big city, you might be able to rent it out through a property letting agent.
How much can I earn? Find out what the daily parking charge is at your local train station and offer a competitive rate. Depending on where you live, you could make anything from £10 a day to thousands a year. It's worth bearing in mind that income may be taxable, you should have a written contract and make sure neighbours aren't put out, especially if it's a double shared driveway. Whether you own your property or rent it out, you should also check the terms of your lease, mortgage and insurance.
- 50 easy ideas to make more money
- Work from home jobs: 42 jobs you can do from home
- Best UK shopping outlets
- 10 cheap ways to spruce up your garden
- Top 10 bargain websites
- Best 20 money saving apps
- Save money: home repairs you can do yourself
- Christmas decorations under a fiver
- 116 money-saving tips for mums