Paint and decorate
How? There's not a lot to painting, but with more complicated jobs like wallpapering, tiling and putting up borders, you'll need to have enough experience to be confident that you can do it. You may want to work on an ad-hoc basis and just respond to adverts or offer work around your neighbourhood. In this case, it would be fair to use their ladders and just take your own brushes. If you're thinking of running a bigger business, you'll need your own kit, including ladders and a van, and you should consider advertising and having your own website.
How much can I earn? A normal rate for a painter is around £50 a day, or £100-£150 if you're in London.
- 50 easy ideas to make more money
- Work from home jobs: 42 jobs you can do from home
- Best UK shopping outlets
- 10 cheap ways to spruce up your garden
- Best 20 money saving apps
- Christmas decorations under a fiver
- 116 money-saving tips for mums
- How to save money on medicine
- Spruce up your home on a budget