How? As a childminder you can look after other people's children while tending to your own, although you're only allowed to look after six in total: three under-fives and three between the age of five and eight years. Contact the Children's Information Service for a recruitment pack. You can also find more information on the Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years website. Once you're approved, you'll be included on a list that councils send to families who enquire, and you may be contact by one that's close to you.
How much can I earn? There's no fixed fee per hour but the average is about £2.30 per child per hour for full-time care and £2.44 for part-time care.
- 50 easy ideas to make more money
- Work from home jobs: 42 jobs you can do from home
- Best UK shopping outlets
- 10 cheap ways to spruce up your garden
- Top 10 bargain websites
- Best 20 money saving apps
- Save money: home repairs you can do yourself
- Christmas decorations under a fiver
- 116 money-saving tips for mums