Cake making, decorating and jams
How? It's as simple as making the food and selling it. The main challenge is to keep up-to-date with fairs and fetes in your area. The best way to get your cakes sold in a shop is to go round cafes and delicatessens, find out which sell homemade products and talk to the manager. As with any business involving food, you might get visits from the environmental health department, so it would be worth going on a course that deals with hygiene and health and safety.
How much can I earn? It depends on how much you produce and what levels of sales you get. It could be anything from a few pounds at a local fete to thousands a year if you sell specialist cakes for weddings or have an upmarket range of jams and chutneys that you sell to local delicatessens or somewhere like Selfridges.
- Work from home jobs: 42 jobs you can do from home
- 50 easy ideas to make more money
- Best UK shopping outlets
- 10 cheap ways to spruce up your garden
- Best 20 money saving apps
- Christmas decorations under a fiver
- 116 money-saving tips for mums
- How to save money on medicine
- Spruce up your home on a budget