How? The services of a beautician can include facials, makeovers, manicures, pedicures, hair removal and so on. Many beauticians will also have knowledge of other areas such as hairdressing or massage. As well as these skills, you'll need to be good with people to put them at ease, especially if you offer bikini waxing! For most beauty work you'll need qualifications, but there are some aspects, like manicures and pedicures, that need very little training. Working from home has the advantage of privacy for clients and can encourage customer loyalty as it's a more friendly environment. You could also offer beauty parties where you go to someone's house so the guests can all have treatments together. You could also offer a special wedding package for brides.
How much can I earn? Beauticians coming to your home tend to charge between £35 and £75 per hour, depending on what the treatment is.
- 50 easy ideas to make more money
- Work from home jobs: 42 jobs you can do from home
- Best UK shopping outlets
- 10 cheap ways to spruce up your garden
- Top 10 bargain websites
- Best 20 money saving apps
- Save money: home repairs you can do yourself
- Christmas decorations under a fiver
- 116 money-saving tips for mums