Neutering and microchipping...
It's not compulsory, but obviously microchipping can make reunions easier if you are separated from your pet. It costs about £20-£30 per pet, but more and more insurers are offering discounts if your pet is microchipped. In fact, some insurers may contribute to the costs of microchipping if you buy your insurance from them - so look out for deals.
You might even be able to get your dog microchipped for free at one of The Dog Trust's rehoming centres.
- Work from home jobs: 42 jobs you can do from home
- 50 easy ideas to make more money
- Best UK shopping outlets
- 10 cheap ways to spruce up your garden
- Best 20 money saving apps
- Christmas decorations under a fiver
- 116 money-saving tips for mums
- How to save money on medicine
- Spruce up your home on a budget