Average cost of living
- Be a savvy supermarket shopper. Stick to the list, buy value/non-branded products and only be tempted by offers if you were going to buy the product anyway. Read our top supermarket saving tips from goodtoknow mums.
- Take advantage of Quidco cashback offers - you can get money back for everything from clothes and presents to fridges and insurance. Also check our Money Saver page for the latest voucher codes and printable discount vouchers.
- Always shop around before you buy. Whether it’s your electricity or broadband provider or you want a new computer or bed, prices for the same or similar products can vary widely, especially with so many online stores.
- Consider cutting back. Do you need satellite TV? Can you switch brands? Are you overpaying for your mobile phone price plan?
- Petrol is the same wherever you buy it so use the petrolprices.com website to find the cheapest fuel nearest to you.
Picture credit: Monkey Business Images/Rex Features
- 50 easy ideas to make more money
- Work from home jobs: 42 jobs you can do from home
- Best UK shopping outlets
- 10 cheap ways to spruce up your garden
- Top 10 bargain websites
- Best 20 money saving apps
- Save money: home repairs you can do yourself
- Christmas decorations under a fiver
- 116 money-saving tips for mums