Average cost of home insurance
With home insurance, while itís important to save, itís also essential to have the right cover so follow these tips for better deals.
- Itís a dull task but add up the value of your contents to work out how much cover you need. Being under-insured will cost more if you have to claim, and being over-insured will increase your premium.
- Use a mixture of price comparison websites and insurers such as Aviva and Direct Line to find the best quote and always check if you can get cashback with Quidco.
- Never automatically renew your home insurance. Always find quotes from other providers before trying to haggle a better deal with your current insurer.
- Making your home more secure by installing a burglar alarm or better locks on windows and doors can bring down the cost of your home insurance.
- If your home is prone to flooding or subsidence, make sure youíve got appropriate cover. Itís not worth saving a few pennies if anything does happen.
Get more top tips for cheaper home insurance
- 50 easy ideas to make more money
- Work from home jobs: 42 jobs you can do from home
- Best UK shopping outlets
- 10 cheap ways to spruce up your garden
- Top 10 bargain websites
- Best 20 money saving apps
- Save money: home repairs you can do yourself
- Christmas decorations under a fiver
- 116 money-saving tips for mums