Get rid of the weeds
One of the easiest (and cheapest) ways to de-weed is to use a kitchen knife and scrape the weeds out from the root. You can add weedkiller to the lawn to keep them at bay too. Just think of it as an hour or two's worth of free exercise with a well deserved cuppa and cake when you're done.
Top tip: For a chemical free solution that won't ruin your slabs or grass, pour boiling water onto the offending area. The weeds should shrivel up, and eventually clear up altogether.
For more budget garden ideas visit idealhome.com
- 50 easy ideas to make more money
- Work from home jobs: 42 jobs you can do from home
- Best UK shopping outlets
- 10 cheap ways to spruce up your garden
- Best 20 money saving apps
- Christmas decorations under a fiver
- 116 money-saving tips for mums
- How to save money on medicine
- Spruce up your home on a budget