How to unblock a toilet
If you know what the blockage is e.g. a sanitary item or nappy, put on a pair of (preferably long) rubber gloves and pull it out. However, if the blockage is of a more 'natural' substance and not something you can pick up, use a short piece of garden hose (about a metre long) and push it into the toilet and around the U-bend - this should shift the item along. It's not nice, but this can save money on a call-out.
It's worth reminding the family to only put toilet paper into the toilet - nappies, tampons, sanitary towels, condoms etc should all be wrapped up and binned.
- 50 easy ideas to make more money
- Work from home jobs: 42 jobs you can do from home
- Best UK shopping outlets
- 10 cheap ways to spruce up your garden
- Top 10 bargain websites
- Best 20 money saving apps
- Save money: home repairs you can do yourself
- Christmas decorations under a fiver
- 116 money-saving tips for mums