How to hang a picture frame
If you want to hang a larger picture, especially if framed with glass, then a simple picture hook may not be enough. If the painting has a string along the back, you can use two picture hooks, as above, and hang it up in the same way, using a spirit level to make sure it's straight.
Remember, if the wall is a plasterboard stud wall, you will need something called a toggle bolt which is designed for thin/hollow walls. A stud detector is also useful - it helps to detect wood studs so you can secure the hooks to something stable, otherwise the painting could fall down.
- 50 easy ideas to make more money
- Work from home jobs: 42 jobs you can do from home
- Best UK shopping outlets
- 10 cheap ways to spruce up your garden
- Top 10 bargain websites
- Best 20 money saving apps
- Save money: home repairs you can do yourself
- Christmas decorations under a fiver
- 116 money-saving tips for mums