Blueberry bakewell tart
Cooking time:plus chilling
Skill level: Easy peasy
Using blueberries instead of traditional raspberry jam gives this delicious Bakewell dessert a super-healthy, antioxidant-rich twist. Pure genius!
- 375g (13oz) fresh shortcrust pastry
- 100g (4oz) melted butter
- 100g (4oz) caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 100g (4oz) ground almonds
- 50g (2oz) toasted almonds
- Blueberry jam
- 125g (4½ oz) blueberries
Top tip: To store, keep the tart wrapped in baking paper in an airtight box for up to 2 days.
- Roll out the pastry and line a 27cm x 19cm (11in x 7in) loose-bottomed tart tin. Prick the base and line with foil and baking beans (push the beans right to the edges). Chill for 15 mins.
- Bake for 15 mins at 190°C (375°F, gas mark 5). Remove the beans and foil and return to the oven for 5 mins until the pastry is a pale biscuit colour.
- Melt the butter and sugar in a pan, pour into a bowl and beat in the eggs and almonds.
- Spread the tart case with a little jam and the blueberries, then pour the egg mixture carefully over the top. Bake in the oven for 20 mins until the mixture is golden, risen and springy to the touch.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 360(kcal)
- Fat 8.0g
- Saturates 8.0g
- Sugars 15.0g
- Salt 0.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.