Baked citrus salmon
Skill level: Easy peasy
Succulent salmon and juicy oranges: the perfect combination for an easy, super-healthy and tasty lunch or dinner
- 200g (7oz) packet baby corn, carrots and mangetout
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- 400g (14oz) can chickpeas
- 4 x 200g (7oz) salmon steaks
- 2 oranges, halved
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
Don't fancy salmon? This recipe works just as well with other fish steaks.
- Cut the baby corn and carrots in half lengthways and place in a large roasting tin with the mangetout, olive oil, soy sauce and chickpeas. Mix well.
- Season the salmon and place on top of the vegetables. Add the orange halves, cut side up.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake at 220°C (425°F, gas mark 7) for 10 mins. Uncover and cook for a further 8-12 mins.
- Squeeze the juice from the orange halves over the salmon before serving. Sprinkle with a little fresh parsley, if desired.