Fast mixed vegetable lasagne
Skill level: Easy peasy
This mixed vegetable lasagne is super speedy, on the table in under an hour, you can easily make it any day of the week. The best thing about lasagne is the bubbling, golden cheesy topping - and this vegetarian lasagne is so easy and quick. This is a great way to get kids to eat more vegetables, as they usually love a lasagne, plus this one is packed full of ingredients that are good for the whole family. It's a really great vegetarian alternative, and you can really use whatever you've got at home in the fridge. Get experimental with it and try different types of mushroom, or throw in some of your favourite veg for a more personalised twist.
- 500g (1lb 2oz) mixed vegetables (e.g. courgettes, aubergines, leeks, mushrooms and peppers)
- 350g jar tomato pasta sauce
- 350g tub fresh cheese sauce
- ¼ tsp grated nutmeg
- 9 fresh lasagne pasta sheets
- 75g (3oz) Cheddar cheese, grated
You can use any cheese - Cheddar, Parmesan, mozzarella and gorgonzola will all taste great. Or try a bit of all four.
- Gently fry the vegetables in a little oil for about 15 mins until they start to soften. Add the pasta sauce and cook for 5 mins. Heat the cheese sauce and add the nutmeg.
- Cook the pasta sheets in boiling salted water, according to packet instructions, then layer up with the vegetables and cheese sauce. Top with the grated Cheddar and cook under a hot grill for 2-3 mins until golden and bubbling.
- Serve with garlic bread and a green salad.