Total time:(plus cooling time)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Cranachan is a traditional Scottish dessert made from raspberries, cream, oatmeal and honey. It's often served on Burns Night.
- 50g(2oz) medium oatmeal
- 300ml (10fl oz) double cream
- 3tbsp heather honey
- 6tbsp Scotch whisky
- 340g (12oz) fresh raspberries
Top tip: For a kids' version of Cranachan, swap the whisky for orange juice.
- Toast the oatmeal under the grill, turning occasionally, until golden brown. Allow to cool.
- Whip the cream until it holds its shape, then fold in the oatmeal, honey and whisky.
- Layer the cream mixture with the raspberries in four glass pots, finishing with a few raspberries and some extra oatmeal.
- These will sit happily in the fridge for a few hours - just bring the Cranachan out 30 mins before you need them.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 526(kcal)
- Fat 42.0g
- Saturates 25.0g
- Sugars 13.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.