Glazed gammon steaks with pineapple salsa
Skill level: Easy peasy
Honey on gammon sweetens the meat and seals in the flavour - perfect with a fresh fruity wine
- 4 gammon steaks
- 1tsp Jerk marinade
- 4tbsp honey
- 250g (9oz) pineapple, cut into small chunks
- 150g (5oz) roasted red peppers, sliced
- 3tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 lime, zest and juice
Use up any leftover marinade by rubbing on to chicken breasts or prawns before grilling.
- Marinade the gammon steaks in the jerk marinade and honey while you make the salsa.
- Mix together the ingredients for the salsa and set aside.
- Grill the gammon steaks for 3-4 mins on each side under a pre-heated medium-high grill, until cooked through. Serve with rice and salad.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 290(kcal)
- Fat 12.0g
- Saturates 4.0g
- Sugars 19.0g
- Salt 3.3g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.