Feta and pepper frittata
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This flavourful frittata is perfect for a light and easy family lunch. Or serve with sautéed potatoes and green beans for a more substantial dinner
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1½ red peppers, cut into chunks
- 1½ yellow peppers, cut into chunks
- 200g pack feta, cubed
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4tbsp double cream
- 1tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 2tbsp chopped fresh parsley
This frittata is delicious served with roasted vine tomatoes.
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan, add the peppers and cook over a medium heat for 15 mins until softened and lightly coloured. Scatter over the feta.
- Combine the eggs, cream and herbs, then season well. Pour over the pepper mixture, reduce the heat and cook for 15-20 mins until just set. Cook the top under a pre-heated grill for 5 mins until just golden. Cut into thick wedges and serve.