Tagliatelle with brie and pine nuts
A combination of toasted pine nuts and melting brie turn this vegetarian pasta dish into a five-star meal
- 350g (12oz) tagliatelle pasta
- 55g (2oz) pine nuts
- 200g (7oz) brie, chopped
- 85ml (3fl oz) single cream
- Handful basil leaves, torn
Toast the pine nuts over a gentle heat and keep an eye on them - they go from done to burnt quickly.
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Toast the pine nuts in a dry frying pan until golden brown. Mix the brie with the cream and basil.
- Drain the cooked pasta, reserving 1tbsp cooking water. Return the pasta and reserved water to the pan with the brie mixture. Stir over a gentle heat for 1-2 mins or until the brie melts slightly.
- Season and serve sprinkled with the toasted pine nuts.