Sesame seeds and red chilli make this succulent salmon dish even more flavoursome - and it only takes 15 mins to prepare
- 1 cucumber, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1tbsp finely chopped coriander
- 1tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1tsp mirin (or rice wine)
- 1tsp sesame oil
- 1tbsp groundnut oil
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1tbsp sesame seeds
- 4 heads pak choi, halved lengthways
If you can't find pak choi, baby leaf spinach or any other Chinese greens work just as well.
- Mix the cucumber, chilli and coriander in a bowl. Blend together the rice wine vinegar, mirin and sesame oil, pour over the cucumber and set aside.
- Heat the groundnut oil in a pan and cook the salmon for 2-3 mins on each side or until just cooked through. Remove, sprinkle with the sesame seeds and keep warm.
- Steam the pak choi for 2 mins or until just wilted, and serve with the salmon and the cucumber sauce.