Toffee apple pies
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Pudding and pastry lovers, this one's for you with a delicious mix of apples, toffee, cinnamon and puff pastry. And they're quick and easy to make too.
- 450g pack ready-rolled puff pastry
- 410g jar apple fruit filling or make your own using our stewed apple recipe
- 2tsp cinnamon
- ½ lemon, juice only
- 50g (2oz) soft toffee pieces, chopped
Top tip: For a winter warmer, serve with custard instead of vanilla ice cream.
- Roll out pastry and divide into 4 x 14cm (5½ in) squares.
- Mix apple filling with cinnamon, lemon juice and toffee. Divide between squares.
- Fold pastry corner-to-corner over filling and seal edges with milk, pinching together.
- Put on a greased baking sheet and cook in a preheated oven at 200°C (400°F, gas mark 6) for 20 mins, or until golden brown. Serve with vanilla ice cream.