Lamb chops with mustard sauce
This simple-to-prepare lamb dish is full of flavour - thanks to a deliciously creamy mustard sauce.
- 8 lamb loin chops
- 50g (2oz) butter
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2-3tbsp Dijon mustard
- 25ml (4floz) double cream
- 1 head Savoy cabbage, shredded
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
Avoid buying pre-cut cabbage because it begins to lose its vitamin C content as soon as it's cut.
- Brush the lamb chops with a little olive oil and grill under a medium heat for 3-4 mins on each side.
- Melt half the butter in a pan and sauté the onion and garlic for 5 mins until soft. Add the mustard and cream, season well and simmer for 1 min. Set aside.
- Put the cabbage in pan with 2-3tbsp water, cover and cook for 2-3 mins over a low heat. Uncover and stir in the rest of the butter. Season well.
- Warm the sauce through and add the lemon zest and juice. Season and serve with the lamb chops, cabbage and some new potatoes.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 445(kcal)
- Fat 32.0g
- Saturates 17.0g
- Sugars 7.0g
- Salt 1.1g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.