Thai coconut beef
A really zingy Thai beef curry with fresh coriander and lime juice - and it only takes 20 minutes to make
- 500g (1lb 2oz) rump steak, cut into strips
- 2-3tbsp red curry paste
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1tsp sugar
- 2tsp groundnut oil
- 250ml (9fl oz) can half-fat coconut milk
- 500g (1lb 2oz) packet stir-fry vegetables
- 250g (9oz) thick rice noodles
- 4tbsp roughly chopped fresh coriander
Curry pastes vary in strength, so you'll need to experiment to find one that suits you.
- Mix the steak with the curry paste, lime juice and sugar. Leave to marinate for 5 mins.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan, add the beef and stir-fry for 2 mins.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to the boil, then add the vegetables and cook for 5 mins.
- Cook the noodles according to packet instructions and drain well.
- Sprinkle the coriander over the beef and serve spooned on top of the noodles.