Mango and honey pancakes
What feels more luxurious for breakfast than a delicious stack of pancakes in the morning? While you may think that they’re not the healthiest of breakfast – we’ve used natural sugars and fruit in this brilliant breakfast recipe to help make them more healthy. Plus with superfood mangoes and passion fruit, you’ll be getting a helping of your five-a-day with these tasty pancakes too. Mangoes are a great source of vitamin A, C and K, while passion fruit is also really rich in vitamin C – so this breakfast is great for helping boost your immunity. These pancakes make the perfect weekend breakfast treat for all the family. Truly scrumptious!
- 300g (10½ oz) plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 284ml (10fl oz) buttermilk
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 25g (1oz) butter
- 2 ripe mangoes, cubed
- Flesh of 3 passion fruit (optional)
- 6tbsp runny honey
- Greek yogurt, to serve
Stack the pancakes between sheets of greaseproof paper so they don't burn.
- To start making the pancakes, sift together the flour and baking powder into a large bowl and make a well in the centre.
- For the rest of this superfood recipe, combine the buttermilk with 100ml (3½ fl oz) cold water. Pour into the flour a little at a time, whisking as you go until smooth. Beat in the eggs and a pinch of salt.
- Heat a little of the butter in a small frying pan and spoon in about 3tbsp of the mixture. Cook for 1-2 mins on each side.
- Keep the pancake warm on a plate resting on top of a pan of lightly simmering water, covered with cling film, while you cook the rest of the batter in the same way.
- Stack the pancakes with the mango and passion fruit, then drizzle with honey and serve with a spoonful of Greek yogurt.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 114(kcal)
- Fat 3.0g
- Saturates 1.0g
- Sugars 6.0g
- Salt 0.2g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.