Yogurty baked Alaska
This lower-fat version of the dessert favourite is a real treat. Golden-tinged meringue hides a delicious raspberry coulis and frozen yogurt centre
- 75g (3oz) raspberries, defrosted if frozen
- 2tbsp sugar
- 4 free-range egg whites
- 110g (4oz) caster sugar
- 500ml carton frozen yogurt
Customise your dessert by using your favourite flavour of frozen yogurt.
- Tip raspberries into a food processor with sugar and blend well. Pour the purée through a sieve held over a bowl – use a spoon to push the liquid through the sieve. Discard seeds.
- Whisk egg whites with caster sugar until the mixture forms stiff peaks. Spread 4 x 8cm rounds of egg white onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Gently drop 1 scoop of frozen yoghurt on to each round and spoon over 2tsp of the coulis. Cover with more egg white – you shouldn't be able to see the yogurt or coulis underneath.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C (400ºF, gas mark 6) for about 2 mins until the meringue starts to turn golden. Serve immediately.