Pasta and roast butternut squash
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Creamy roasted squash with chilli makes this vegetarian dish irresistible for everyone round the dinner table
- 800g (1lb 12oz) butternut squash, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1-2 red chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 5 sprigs thyme
- 2-3tbsp olive oil
- 200g (7oz) green beans
- 400g (14oz) fusilli pasta
- 100g (4oz) cherry tomatoes, halved
Try this dish with spinach instead of green beans. Wilt the spinach with the squash and stir through the pasta.
- Put the squash, chilli and thyme in a roasting tin with the olive oil. Roast at 200°C (400°F, gas mark 6) for 20-25 mins.
- Cook the beans in boiling water until just tender, then drain and refresh under cold water.
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Drain well, then stir through the tomatoes, beans and roasted squash. Season and serve Parmesan shavings and a glass of chilled white wine.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 490(kcal)
- Fat 8.0g
- Saturates 1.0g
- Sugars 12.0g
- Salt 0.1g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.