Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This quick cheesecake recipe is a really speedy dessert to satisfy that sweet tooth in only 30 minutes. Make individual cheesecakes that look really pretty and taste just as great with fresh strawberries. They're the perfect size to dish up at a dinner party to impress friends and family but because they're so simple, they're just as nice any day of the week when you need a quick fix for your sweet tooth! There's no cooking involved with this cheesecake which makes it even easier to make and it's super creamy which makes it an absolute dream to eat!
- 125g (4oz) - about 11 biscuits or half a pack of Crinkle Crunch or similar
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange
- 250g (8oz) curd cheese
- 4tbsp caster sugar
- 3tbsp milk
- 142ml pot double cream
- 300g (10oz) fresh raspberries
- 250g (8oz) fresh strawberries, sliced
If you can't find fresh raspberries, you can use frozen ones instead.
- Put the biscuits in a strong polythene bag and crush them with a rolling-pin - but not too finely.
- Beat the orange zest into the curd cheese in a large bowl, with 3tbsp of the caster sugar, until smooth, then beat in the milk. Whip the cream until it just holds its shape and fold it into the cheese mixture.
- Mash about a quarter of the raspberries with a quarter of the strawberries and 1tbsp sugar, until smooth. Choose the squashiest ones and use a potato masher. Sieve the purée to remove the pips.
- Divide half the biscuit mixture between six tumblers, then spoon over half the cheese mixture, some fruit and a little sauce. Sprinkle with the rest of the crumbs, cheese mixture, fruit and sauce. Serve within 30 mins.