Smoked haddock jackets
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Transform ordinary potatoes with this creamy haddock and sweetcorn sauce for a super-speedy, super-tasty after-work meal
- 4 large potatoes
- 300g (11oz) smoked haddock fillets
- 25g (1oz) butter
- 4tbsp double cream
- 150g (5oz) frozen sweetcorn, defrosted
- 75g (3oz) Cheddar, grated
You can easily make these ahead of time. Reheat in a moderate oven.
- Put the potatoes in a microwave and cook on high for 5 to 8 mins. Then put in a preheated oven at 220°C (425ºF, gas mark 7) and cook for 15 mins to crisp the skin.
- In a pan, cook the haddock in the butter for 5 mins, then gently break into flakes. Stir in the cream and sweetcorn, and season well.
- Remove potatoes from oven and turn on the grill to medium. Slice open the potatoes and scoop out the middles. Combine the potato with the haddock mixture, then put back into the skins. Top with the grated cheese, put on a baking sheet and grill until the cheese has melted. Serve with salad.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 480(kcal)
- Fat 21.0g
- Saturates 12.0g
- Sugars 3.0g
- Salt 1.9g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.