Cooking time:plus cooling time
These are lovely squishy brownies - but with a plain cookie dough instead of chocolate. Enjoy with a cuppa
- 125g (4oz) soft light brown sugar
- 125g (4oz) butter, softened
- 2 medium eggs
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 125g (4oz) self-raising flour
- 150g (5oz) white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 100g (3½ oz) pecan nuts, roughly chopped
Add any combination of chocolate and nut you like: hazelnuts with milk chocolate chips is a good one.
- Heat the sugar and butter in a pan over a gentle heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Stir in the eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla extract. Fold in the flour and pour into a 26 x 16.5cm (10¼ in x 6½ in) oblong tin, lined with baking parchment. Sprinkle the chocolate and nuts over the top.
- Bake in the centre of the oven at 190°C (375°F, gas mark 5) for 25-30 mins, or until just firm to the touch in the centre. Leave to cool in tin for about 10 mins, then remove and leave on a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into 15 squares.