Sichuan pork stir-fry
Pork combines really well with the toasted cashews and mild chilli heat in this quick-to-prepare dinner dish
- 450g (1lb) pork, cubed
- 1 whole dried chilli, crushed
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 bunch spring onions, white and green part separated, sliced
- 5tbsp soy sauce
- Handful cashew nuts, toasted
Dry-roast the cashews in a pan, or use roasted salted cashews - but rinse off the salt first.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan. When really hot, add 1tbsp oil and the pork and stir-fry until browned. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the chilli, garlic and white part of spring onions to the wok and stir-fry for 3 mins until seared.
- Return the pork to the wok with the soy sauce, cashews and green part of spring onions. Heat through for 30 secs.
- Serve immediately with plain white rice.