Sesame salmon fillets and stir-fry vegetables
Costs: Cheap as chips
This super-healthy recipe combines teriyaki sauce with Chinese-style chilli, garlic and green vegetables for maximum flavour. Delicious
- 4 salmon fillets
- 6tbsp teriyaki marinade, or soy sauce
- 50g (2oz) sesame seeds
- 400g (14oz) tenderstem broccoli and mangetout
- ½-1 large red chilli
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2tsp grated ginger
Salmon is packed with health-boosting omega-3 fish oils. Try to eat it two or three times a week.
- Dip the salmon fillets in the teriyaki marinade and coat with the sesame seeds. Heat 1tbsp oil in a frying pan and cook the salmon fillets for 4 mins on each side, or until cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, blanch or steam the broccoli and mangetout.
- Heat 1tbsp oil in a wok or large frying pan. Add in the chilli, garlic, and ginger, and stir-fry for 1 min. Add the veg and stir-fry for 2 mins with a splash of the marinade. Serve the salmon with the vegetables.