Redcurrant and white chocolate cupcakes
The light mix of these buns is enriched with creamy Greek yogurt that tastes delicious with the tart redcurrants.
- 125g (4oz) butter, softened
- 175g (6oz) caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 200g (7oz) self-raising flour
- 60g (2oz) ground almonds
- 200ml pot Greek yogurt
- 100g bar white chocolate, chopped
- 250g (8oz) redcurrants
- 1tbsp redcurrant jelly, melted
- Icing sugar, for dusting
The cakes aren't suitable for freezing, unless you don't decorate with the redcurrants.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in the eggs, then add the vanilla extract, flour and ground almonds.
- Fold in the Greek yogurt, chocolate and half the redcurrants.
- Spoon the mixture into a muffin tin lined with paper cases. Bake in two batches if you have only one tray. Bake for 30-35 mins at 180°C (350°F, gas mark 4) until golden and firm to touch.
- While still warm, brush melted redcurrant jelly over the top of each muffin and decorate with the rest of the redcurrants. Dust with icing sugar. Eat within two days of baking.