Salmon and dill linguine
Skill level: Easy peasy
This quick salmon pasta dish is so simple to make, yet full of flavour from the lemony almond and dill paste. Delicious!
- 3 salmon fillets
- Small knob butter
- 80g (3oz) dill
- 50g (2oz) skinless almonds
- 1 garlic clove
- 4tbsp olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon, juice of ½ lemon
- 300g (11oz) linguine
Want to cheat? Swap the paste for interesting pesto flavours such as fennel.
- Season the salmon, dot with butter and loosely wrap in tin foil. Place on a baking tray and cook at 180°C (350°F, gas mark 4) for 12-15 mins, depending on the thickness of the fillets. Take out of the oven and remove skin. Flake the flesh into large chunks.
- In a food processor, whizz together the dill, almonds, garlic and olive oil until a paste (or finely chop by hand). Add the lemon zest and juice, stir and season.
- Cook the linguine according to packet instructions. Drain, reserving 2tbsp of the cooking water. Stir the cooking water through the linguine along with the paste and salmon flakes.