Spaghetti with tomato salsa for one
Skill level: Easy peasy
Tomatoes and onion are the basis of so many good pasta sauces. Add your favourite vegetables or a few chilli flakes for some extra kick
- .75g (3oz) dried spaghetti
- 1 finely chopped shallot
- Butter, to sauté
- 8 chopped cherry tomatoes
- 2tbsp olive oil
- Fresh chives, to garnish
For a creamier sauce, stir through 1tbsp of low-fat crème fraîche or extra light cream cheese after you've mixed the tomatoes with the pasta water.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions in a large panful of boiling salted water.
- Drain the spaghetti and reserve about 1tbsp of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, sauté the shallot in a little butter until softened.
- Add the tomatoes and olive oil and cook briefly.
- Mix together the tomato salsa and the reserved pasta water.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add salsa to the spaghetti; mix thoroughly.
- Serve hot, garnished with a sprinkling of fresh chives.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 524(kcal)
- Fat 28.0g
- Saturates 6.0g
- Sugars 7.0g
- Salt 0.2g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.