Smoky turkey and pepper fajitas
Chilli and cumin add tons of flavour to these fabulous Mexican fajitas - and they're ready in just 15 minutes
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 225g (8oz) cooked turkey, shredded
- 2tsp ground cumin seeds
- ½-1tsp chilli powder
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 soft wheat tortillas
- 200g (7oz) Cheddar, grated
These fajitas are delicious served with seasoned, mashed avocado (guacamole).
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the peppers and onion and fry for 3 mins. Add the turkey, cumin seeds, chilli powder, oregano and garlic. Stir-fry for 3 mins and season to taste.
- Warm the tortillas and spoon some mixture over each one. Roll up and top with salsa and soured cream.
- Sprinkle with cheese and melt under a medium hot grill. Serve with rocket and lime wedges.
For more great family recipes every month, subscribe to Essentials Magazine