Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Lemony, creamy dill sauce is delicious with salmon and pasta. It tastes like a treat - but only takes minute to prepare
- 300g (11oz) tagliatelle
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 25g (1oz) butter
- 150ml (¼ pint) white wine
- 284ml (10fl oz) double cream
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 225g (8oz) smoked salmon, finely sliced
- 100g (4oz) baby spinach
- 2tbsp chopped dill
The sauce works well for any leftover fish or shredded turkey, too. Make sure the meat is piping hot in the sauce before serving.
- Cook the tagliatelle according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, fry the garlic in butter for 2 mins. Add the wine and boil for 3 mins. Add the cream and simmer for 2 mins.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pan. Fold in the sauce with half the sliced salmon, the lemon juice, the spinach leaves and dill.
- Transfer to a large platter and top with the remaining salmon.