Fancy a lighter version? Leave out the cinnamon and add the grated zest of half an orange, and one peeled and finely chopped apple.
- 450g (1lb) fresh or defrosted cranberries
- 150ml (¼ pint) port
- 100g (4oz) golden caster sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Juice of ½ orange
- To make the cranberry sauce, put all the ingredients in a saucepan along with 300ml (½ pint) water.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 mins until the cranberries are soft and have burst open.
- Store in a sealed jar until you need to use it and then enjoy on Christmas Day.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.