Roast pepper, olive and feta pasta salad
Skill level: Easy peasy
This Greek-style pasta dish is perfect for vegetarians - but you could mix in some shredded roast chicken to turn it into a tasty chicken pasta salad.
- 3 red peppers, halved and deseeded
- 3 yellow peppers, halved and deseeded
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 500g (1lb 2oz) pasta shapes
- 125g (4½ oz) kalamata olives
- Good handful roughly-torn basil leaves
- 200g pack feta cheese, crumbled
For the dressing:
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Top tip: You can make this salad a couple of hours ahead of time. Allow to stand at room temperature for 30 mins before serving.
- Put the peppers in a large roasting tin, drizzle with the oil, scatter over the garlic and season well. Roast in a preheated oven at 220°C (425°F, gas mark 7) for 30 mins until lightly charred. Keep the garlic to one side and put the peppers in a food bag. When cooled, peel and thickly slice.
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions until al dente (firm to the bite). Drain and cool under running water and set to one side.
- To make the dressing, squeeze the roasted garlic cloves from their skins and mash with a fork. Whisk in all the dressing ingredients and season to taste.
- Combine the pasta and peppers with the olives and drizzle over the dressing. Stir through the basil and feta cheese just before you're ready to serve.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 850(kcal)
- Fat 37.0g
- Saturates 11.0g
- Sugars 16.0g
- Salt 2.6g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.