Lemon and garlic roast potatoes
Cooking time:10 mins
A simple way to make roast potatoes extra-special: just add garlic and lemon. This one's a guaranteed people-pleaser
- 2kg (4½ lb) floury potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 100ml (3½ fl oz) olive oil
- 1 bulb garlic, broken into cloves and bashed
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
For extra-crispy roasties, use goose fat instead of olive oil. Just remember they need to be served up as soon as they come out of the oven.
- After the turkey has come out, turn up the oven to 200°C (400°F, gas mark 6). Put potatoes in a large pan of salted water, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins. Heat oil in a large roasting tin until smoking.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander and give them a shake to fluff them up round the edges, then carefully tip into the hot fat. Put in the oven for 30 mins, turning once or twice, then add the garlic and cook for another 20 mins.
- Add the lemon zest, juice and seasoning just before you serve.