Quick lemon tart
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This Lemon tart doesn't require lots of baking, it can made super-quickly as an emergency pudding for guests, or for those times you don't want to be in the kitchen any longer! The recipe for this easy lemon tart uses lemon curd and double cream, and is best served with a dollop of rich cream. It's sweet and tart enough to just have a tiny slice, which should help with any dieting ambitions!
- 300g (10½ oz) lemon curd
- 150ml (¼ pint) double cream, whipped
- 2 lemons, zest only
- 20cm (8in) ready-made sweet pastry case
If you fancy making our original lemon tart, using lemon rind, then try our classic recipe.
Use a good organic lemon curd - we like Duchy Originals Organic Traditional Lemon Curd, available from most supermarkets.
- Mix together the lemon curd with the cream and the zest of 1 lemon.
- Spoon into the pastry case and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle with the zest of the second lemon just before serving.