Honey and mustard roast parsnips
Skill level: Easy peasy
This is a classic combination that works especially well with parsnips as the honey brings out their natural sweetness and the mustard gives them a kick.
- 1kg (2lb 4oz) parsnips, quartered
- 100ml (3½ fl oz) olive oil
- 3tbsp runny honey
- 4tsbp wholegrain mustard
When you're buying parsnips, size matters. Look for small to moderate ones that are well-formed, smooth and blemish-free.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400º, gas mark 6).
- Bring the parsnips to the boil in lightly salted water and simmer for 5 mins. Heat the oil in a large roasting tin until smoking.
- Drain the parsnips and add to the oil. Coat well, put into the preheated oven next to the potatoes and roast for 40 mins, until crispy. Mix the honey and mustard and pour over the parsnips, then crisp in the oven for a further 5 mins.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 372(kcal)
- Fat 3.0g
- Saturates 0.5g
- Sugars 22.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.