Skill level: Bit of effort
This delicious pudding is best served warm, rather than piping hot, with lots of cream, ice-cream or custard
- 75g(3oz) caster sugar
- 550g (1lb 3oz) apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 2 eggs
- 50g (2oz) plain flour, sieved
- Ground cinnamon and icing sugar, to dust
For a more laid-back dinner party, you can make this pudding in one big pot and let everyone dig in.
- Cook the apples in a pan with 1tbsp of the sugar sugar, the lemon zest and 2tbsp water until tender. Transfer to individual ramekins.
- Put the remaining sugar in a bowl with eggs and beat until thick and creamy. Fold in the flour with 1tbsp hot water and mix well.
- Pour the mixture over the apples and bake at 180°C (350°F, gas mark 4) for 12 mins, until well risen and golden brown.
- Dust with cinnamon and icing sugar before serving hot or cold with a dollop of half-fat crème fraîche.