Quick creamy chicken pasta
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This quick creamy chicken pasta takes only 25 mins to rustle up. This dish also uses a great cheat which will save on time as well as money - tinned soup. The tinned mushroom soup makes a delicious, thick mushroom sauce for your chicken pasta dish. Add chopped mushrooms and a handful or two of spinach to get some of your 5-a-day in there too. This recipe serves 4 people and is the perfect midweek option for the whole family. A portion of this speedy pasta works out at only 370 calories per serving making it a great option if you're counting calories too. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight Tupperware in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat thoroughly before serving again.
- Pasta shapes, about 50g (2oz) per person
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- Handful of fresh mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1 x 295g tin cream of mushroom soup
- Salt and pepper to season
- Fresh parsley to garnish
Top tip: When cooking pasta, the pan must be large enough for the water to remain at a good rolling boil so the pasta moves around as it cooks, preventing it from sticking together.Antonio Carluccio, celebrity chef
- Boil a large pan of water, add the pasta shapes and cook according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, fry the chicken until they're cooked right through. If you're using fresh mushrooms, put them in with the chicken for the last couple of minutes.
- At the same time, heat the tin of mushroom soup on the hob until it's nearly boiling.
- Drain the pasta and put it back in the pan. Add the chicken and mushrooms, then pour the hot mushroom soup over the top.
- Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 370(kcal)
- Fat 5.0g
- Saturates 1.0g
- Salt 1.1g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.