Sandra Roscoe's mango flan
Sandra Roscoe serves up this impressive mango flan whenever she has guests to impress, but she swears by how simple it really is
- 1 packet ready-made pastry
- 2 mangoes, chopped
- 100g (4oz) low-fat cream cheese
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 packet plain gelatin
- Dessicated coconut or coconut shreds
- Use the pastry to line a baking tin about 25cm (10in) across. Bake the empty pastry case in the oven until cooked. Remove and allow to cool.
- Mix the mangoes with the cream cheese and lime juice. Spoon into the pastry case.
- Dissolve the gelatin in water, according to packet instructions. Pour over the flan.
- Sprinkle with coconut, place in the fridge and chill until firm.