Laura Terry's mish-mash salad
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Salads can be boring, but this one is far from dull with lots of tasty and healthy ingredients
For the dressing:
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp yogurt (or crème fraiche/mayonnaise)
For the salad:
- 1 whole lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 4 radishes or 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 large apple, cored and chopped
- 1 avocado, skinned and chopped
- 1/2 cup cubes of cheese (hard cheese or feta works best)
- 1/4 cup nuts
- Fresh herbs (optional)
Add bacon to make a more substantial meal.
- Put the garlic, oil, vinegar, mustard and yogurt in a bowl. Mix together and set aside.
- Place all the salad ingredients in a bowl. Remove the garlic from the dressing and pour the dressing over the salad.
- Mix the salad, serve and enjoy.