Steamed cod with warm new potato and pea salad
Costs: Cheap as chips
Firm white fish turns this fresh lemony salad into a super-satisfying meal - and it only takes 10 mins to prepare
- 4 cod fillets, skinned
- 1 lemon; zest and juice
- 750g (11b 10oz) new potatoes, scraped and halved if large
- 250g packet frozen petit pois
- 2 bunches spring onions, cut into 2.5cm (1in) pieces
- Olive oil
- 200ml pot crème fraîche
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
Any firm-fleshed white fish will work in this dish: try haddock or pollack. Don't overcook it: as soon as the flesh is opaque, it's ready!
- Place the fish fillets in a large microwavable dish (with a close-fitting lid), season with salt and freshly ground pepper, sprinkle with a little of the lemon zest and a squeeze of juice, then cover with lid.
- Boil the potatoes until cooked (about 15 mins). Add peas, allow to come back to the boil, then drain.
- Fry the spring onions in 1tsp oil for a few minutes over a medium heat until lightly browned. Microwave the fish on high power for 3-5 mins.
- Blend the crème fraîche with a little olive oil and the wholegrain mustard. Add a little of the lemon zest and squeeze of juice, then add in the potatoes, peas and fried onions. Mix thoroughly and serve straightaway with the fish flaked on top.