Creamy spinach and haddock fillets
Costs: Cheap as chips
Creamy spinach and haddock fillets are low-fat and high-protein for a super healthy dinner that's ready in just 15 minutes. Haddock and nutrient-rich spinach are a winning combination, as they are both packed full of vitamins and nutrients, so you know you'll be doing your body some good choosing this recipe, rather than going for fish and chips for example. This recipe also makes a really smart dinner for 4, whether you're cooking for your family or are having guests - it's a really great choice!
- 200g (7oz) new potatoes
- 500g (1lb) packet of baby spinach
- 6tbsp soft cheese
- 4 firm white fish fillets, such as cod or haddock
- 50g (2oz) breadcrumbs
- 2tbsp chopped fresh parsley
For extra flavour, try substituting half the breadcrumbs for Parmesan.
- Pre-heat the grill to medium. Cook the new potatoes in boiling, salted water until they are tender, then drain and set them aside.
- Put the packet of spinach in the microwave and cook for 4 mins until wilted. Squeeze the water out of the spinach and roughly chop. Add the cheese and a little grated nutmeg if you like, then season well.
- Put fish fillets in a baking dish with a little olive oil. Divide the spinach mixture into 4 and place on top of each fillet. Sprinkle over the breadcrumbs and grill for 10-12 mins.
- Lightly crush the potatoes with the back of a fork and stir through some olive oil and the chopped parsley, then serve with the fish.