- 8 good-quality sausages
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 250ml (8 fl oz) passata
- 4 large hotdog rolls
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 pinch of chilli powder
- 2tsp cumin seeds, crushed
Top tip: Make a huge bowl of the relish for barbecues: it tastes just as delicious with burgers too.
- Cook the onion and pepper in the oil for 5 mins until they start to char.
- Reduce heat, add the garlic and spices and cook for a further 2 mins.
- Pour in the passata and 150ml water, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins.
- Grill the sausages for 10 mins until cooked. Split rolls and fill with sauce and sausages.