Strawberry and white chocolate tart
Cooking time:plus chilling
A hidden layer of white chocolate makes this scrumptious strawberry tart devilishly delicious
- 375g (13oz) ready-made sweet shortcrust pastry
- 50g (2oz) white chocolate
- 284ml (½ pint) double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- One punnet of strawberries, washed and halved
Strawberries are in season in the UK from late June to mid-August so pick your own for ultimate freshness.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F, gas mark 5). Roll out the pastry and line a 25cm (10in) greased loose-bottomed tart tin. Prick the base with a fork and cook the tart for 15 mins or until the pastry's golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave and spread over the base of the tart case.
- Whip the cream and vanilla together until firm and spread on top of the white chocolate.
- Top the tart with the halved strawberries, arranged in rows.